Preserving the Past, Valuing the Present, Enriching the Future
Faculty of Information Management, UiTM, takes pride in being the pioneer in providing professional education to fulfil the manpower need of the country in three very important fields, namely: Information Management, Library Management, and Records Management. Our academic programmes, supplemented by industry attachments, equip graduates with knowledge and skills to take on the challenging demands of managing information in various forms and in various types of organisations.
Our graduates become the main driving force for the development of a knowledge-based society, transforming Malaysia into a developed nation, ensuring that the country’s rich reservoirs of knowledge are systematically organised, maintained and enhanced for optimum value. To achieve this aim, the programmes consist of the blended components from four main areas: Information Technologies, Professional and Technical Aspects of Information and Records Management, Public Relations, and Users’ Needs and Services.
To be a world class center of excellence for education and research in the fields of Information Management, Knowledge Management, Library Management and Record Management.
- Provide education for information professionals to enable a well-balanced, knowledgeable, competitive, and ethical workforce for the development of Malaysia as a knowledge society.
- Provide continuous education program at various levels to fulfill the needs of working information personnel to enhance knowledge, skill and competency in line with the national policy on capacity building and lifelong learning.
- Provide leadership in consultancy and research for individuals and organizations interested in research and development in the areas encompassing information, knowledge, library, archive & record management.
The faculty believes in educating information professionals, enabling them to become the catalyst for the knowledge-based society, transforming Malaysia into a developed country.
The objectives of the faculty are:
- To fulfill the manpower needs for professionally qualified information personnel for the development of the nation towards vision 2020.
- To provide academic and professional programs of high quality, innovative and up-to-date.
- To provide quality teaching with the support of practical training, research, publishing, and consultancy work.
- To increase the quality, effectiveness and the variety of training programs in line with industry needs and technological advancement.
- To produce graduates capable of playing a key role in the promotion of reading habits and information-rich society.